Monday, August 21, 2006

"The truth will set you free"

When I sat down at the computer, the menu suggested the above as a header. Who am I to argue with the legacy of Jan Hus?

Prague continues to astonish. I'm going to miss the winding cobble-stone streets and radio that flits between Czech pop and the hits of Toto (the hit of Toto?). I spent today finding secreted coffee shops, drinking coffee, and practicing my eight new brooding-poses (one of them was invented by Franz Kafka - EXTRA BROODY-POINTS!). One more full day left in Praha, and then I follow Cam-Ron's posse to Cesky Krumlov. Unfortunately we won't have much time there (two nights) as we will catch an early train to Salzburg. Yeah...I know. This is the first time I've ever written the word "Salzburg", but now I'm going there...to Salzburg, Salzburg (just practicing). The magic of european airways makes Salzburg my best bet for getting into London (leaving Salzburg on the 29th at 9 pm), plus its all laden with peppy Austrians and Salzburgian charm (Seven different "The Sound of Music tours"? Swoon!).

I confess to having done no background research into Salzburg, so any Salzburg or Sound of Music related jokes to test on the locals would be appreciated (all I remember is the song about goats who yodel, and that can only carry you so far in life).

Eight more days and I'll be in London...then I geuss I'll be seeing you all pretty soon, but first, yodeling goat jokes!

Jig easy,

Ian.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Ian! Or, as the native Wakikutamammi tribes say it, "Salzburg, Ian!"

Glad to see you had a chance to finally (finally!) use all those broody poses you've been practising. The one with the one pinkie finger raised impertinently was my fave.

Hm... about Brighton: lovely as it is sure to be, I've heard that it is chock full of very gay boys. Just wanted to let you know, you don't want to be caught unawares with that kind of thing. (Er... Hi Grandma! *sheepishly*)

Keep on Europin'!

1:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salzburg!! I loved Salzburg! There's lots to see there, but if you decide to get out of town, either take the bus or get a tour out to Berchesgarten... it's in Germany, but it's the hideaway of Adolf Hitler. The "Eagle's Nest" was a gift to Hitler from the Nazi party for his 50th birthday and it's on the top of a mountain overlooking Salzburg (Obersalzburg). It was very surreal being there, knowing he lived there... although all sign of him is gone (they aren't exactly proud of him). Such a beautiful small town at the base of the mountain as well... :)
Anyway... enough blabbing... I loved Austria and yes, there are lots of flights from Salzburg!!!
Looking forward to seeing you soon... E :)

7:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home