Sunday, August 13, 2006

Emphatic gestures and onomatopoeia.

I'm feeling pretty good, karmically I mean. I gave four separate buskers mad coinage (extra-mad coinage for the much appreciated slide guitar), which should put me in the black enough to hesitantly suggest that I might be getting over my cold. By tomorrow, I will have busted out the giant middle finger to this illness of mine (imagine Dave Grohls hand in the "Everlong" video, but in FINGER FORM!) sending it rocketing into the hills like a foot-clan ninja just hit buy the Turtle-van.

Whether my Karma extend to airport queues is another question. Tomorrow I leave for Gatwick airport, intending to arrive almost 3 hours before the two hours before I'm suppossed to arrive (were I not in a nation under the "siege of terror" - stole that from a paper I did). My intent is to make my 11:35 easyjet flight to Prague (pronounced Praha). So far (since Yesterday) easyjet has actually been flying its flights (so good!)...so fingers crossed. In the worst case, I may be spending an extra few days in England, or perhaps shelling out big bucks for a trainride. If it's the former, I'm going to give the selfsame emphatic finger to London, and head to place worth loving, Brighton. Me and London. We had a thing sure. There were moments when we couldn't get enough of each other. But the glamour wore off, and now London sees me for the science-loving, adjective abusing, squirrely ninja-referencing fool that I am. Nothing to mourn, we are just looking for different things right now.

Brighton...I'm a bit of a fan of Brighton. Its a town that radiates cool (and creepy, but only in the one creepy sector which isn't bad). Sipping beer looking out over the ocean, bikini beach volley ball tournaments and the coolest shops I have ever encountered (in droves). I think it would be an amazing place to spend a weekend.

Saw a Fulham football match the other day. It was exciting (even though it was just a friendly game). Unfortunately, while Fulham did win the Premiership (in days past) they were unpredictable yesterday. For the spectator, this meant that there were some truly brilliant football moments, the perfectly placed long cross, off the mits, neatly tucked in by the offense, but there were far more crummy moments. Inconsistency doesn't work for Fulham.

Right, last night in London, I'm all packed, I've literally set up my things so I'll injure myself on things before forgetting them...time for a beer.

I had a wonderful epiphany...no, not an epihphany, but a moment of hazy to off-hazy insight that I'll save for Prague. In any case, my best to Calgary, I'm not used to being out of the basment this long, maybe I can write some practice abstracts for magazine articles in the departure lounge.

Hoping I get to Prague yes?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say hello; my I have enjoyed reading your messages and seeing your grand pictures. My we have missed you it is time for you to drive to enjoy one of Colleen’s grand dinners Gillian has her ticket for New Zealand and will leave Sept 26. We will have to have a gathering. Jane just bought herself a new car, lots of horse power and it will just carry one person besides herself, Audi TT. You see I need a little practice. We have had big rainstorms but all is well a grand day today. I have the girls for bridge Tuesday should be fun. My I cannot believe you will read this almost right away... how did your discussion go with the neuro? Learn anything? So far is Brighton your favourite spot? I am sure I have more to tell you but I will another time. Your letters are so interesting and informative. Wish I could do the same. Now Ian take care and I will try this again.

Love Grandma

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home